Saturday, April 5, 2008

Brakes Part 2

So the rust is off and the calipers were cleaned. Used some Eastwood paint prep. Went down to Autozone and picked up some Red Caliper paint. I removed the disc brake hardware and o-rings and masked off the pistons and seal.

I was also careful to mask off the brake line hose bolts and bleed valves.
The instructions were easy and I applied 3 coats of paint.
After about 24 hours of drying I went ahead and test fit them on the rotor. It'll take about a week for it to cure entirely though.
I could help it but I put one of my Torque thrust rims to see how they will eventually look.
I also notice that the proportional valve was not mounted to the bracket that extended from the booster.Hopefully I can fin those in the remaining parts that David has left at his house.

No comments: